What is TEFQ?
The TEFAQ is a French language test approved by the Quebec Ministry for Immigration, Francisation and Integration (MIFI) for people aspiring to immigrate to Quebec only. It assesses written and oral skills in French.
Level of Proficiency
The TEFAQ provides candidates with a linguistic evaluation of their level in French, including written and oral comprehension and expression, by using a 7-level scale indexed to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) and the Échelle québécoise de niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes adultes (EQNCF).
The TEFAQ is suited for adult candidates (min. 16 years old) wishing to evaluate their knowledge in French. The results of the exam can be used as part of an immigration process for Quebec (applications to the Quebec Selection Certificate).
- The TEFAQ exam is recognized as part of a formal immigration application by the Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC).
- If you cannot produce a certificate of completion for the TEFAQ, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities agrees to take into account your certificates of completion for the TEFAQ tests for oral comprehension and expression.
The TEFAQ exam consists of 4 modules: listening, speaking, reading and/or writing.
- Written comprehension (CE): 60 minutes – 50 questions – 300 points
- Written expression (EE): 60 minutes – 2 topics – 450 points
- Oral comprehension (CO): 40 minutes – 60 questions – 360 points
- Oral expression (EO): 15 minutes – 2 topics – 450 points
An official certificate of results will be delivered to each candidate. Each certificate is detailed and personalized. For each module, the certificate will show the score obtained, the level of proficiency reached as well as a commentary of the skills in general French. The results will be sent 6 to 8 weeks after the exam date. The attestation of results, which is valid for two years, is not a proof of success and thus cannot be considered a diploma.
Academic degrees are not required to take the TEF Canada. Candidates may take the test several times, allowing a minimum of 30 days between two exam sessions.
Points are granted from B2 level onward. In order to obtain the maximum number of points for their immigration application, candidates are advised to take the oral comprehension and expression tests (basic package) along with the written tests.
Rs.24,780/- incl. GST
How to Apply?
Step 1: Download Form Click here
Step 2: Fill this Google Form (Should scan and upload the form, payment receipt and ID Card)
Google form link: